OPPO Kenya in partnership with Safaricom has today launched a new mid-tier 4G device as it seeks to increase its footprint in the Kenyan market.
The new OPPO A71 smartphone offers premium design and enhanced features that will guarantee high performance, superb photography and unique design.
The launch of the new smartphone device is set to increase smartphone penetration, fast-tracking Safaricom’s vision to drive digital inclusion in the country.
“The partnership with OPPO Kenya today cements our commitment to bring our customers a variety of smart devices that will enable them stay connected and have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of higher speeds of 3G and 4G devices,” said Elizabeth Wasunna, Head of Retail Channels, Safaricom.
According to a report by Jumia Business Intelligence and GSMA Mobile titled: White Paper 2017-Trends from the Kenyan Smartphone and E-Commerce Industry, smartphone penetration in Kenya has grown to more than 60 per cent of the population over the past five years, a situation that is attributed to the increase in availability of affordable smart devices from various device manufacturers in the industry.
“As a brand, we are keen on strengthening both business to business and business to customer strategies to meet the increasing demand of internet use in this market.This is a digitally innovative market with respect to mobile and internet solutions and we expect that our foray into the Kenyan Market with an appetite for quality smartphones will yield high results,” said Jesse Wu, Brand Director, OPPO Kenya.
The OPPO A71 packs a number of impressive specifications with the focus being on the camera and performance profile.
- Latest and rich function color OS3.1
- 3GB RAM and 8-Core CPU that enable smooth and speedy operations of the device.
- The device also comes with an official protective back cover and a 16GB memory SD card to enhance storage.
- Camera Ultra HD 13MP, F2.2 and 5MP Front Camera with 6 Beautify levels, 8 real time-filters, water mark, Palm shutter and bokeh Effect
- Enhanced 64-bit Octa Core to enable speedy operations.
- 3GB RAM Smooth Experience
- 16GB ROM large storage Capacity + 16 GB SD Card
- 3000 mAh long lasting battery
- 3 independent slim slots 2 Sim cards + 1 Memory card slot
The launch of the phone comes as Safaricom continues its consumer campaign Mambo ni Digital to grow and accelerate acquisition of 2G customer base to 3G, through low cost 3G enabled devices and personalized data offers.
The launch of OPPO A71, is an addition to OPPO Kenya’s device portfolio which includes OPPO Neo 7, OPPO A37, OPPO A57, OPPO F1s and OPPO F3.
OPPO A71 will be available in the country exclusively at Safaricom retail shops from today, for the next two weeks at a retail price of Kshs 21,999/=.